Putting on your prosthetic liner:
- Turn the liner INSIDE OUT.
- Place the cup end of the liner against your residual limb with no air bubbles or space.
- Roll the liner on while keeping the end of the liner flush against your limb.
- Roll, roll, roll up until the liner is in place.
- Check the alignment line, or pin, or graphic to see if you put the liner on straight.
- If it’s crooked, roll the liner off and try again.
- If the pin is crooked, roll the liner off and try again.
It takes a little practice to put the liner on, but it will get easier as you practice.
Taking your prosthetic liner off:
- Roll it off until it is inside out. Fill with warm water and a skin-safe soap.
- Slosh the water and soap around in the liner, also rubbing the liner side to side and back and
forth against itself.
- Fill with warm water, dump it out, repeat until no soap is left.
- Turn it right side out and lie flat on a towel to dry.