ADVANCED CUSTOM ORTHOTICS FOR ADULTS AND PEDIATRICS.
OUR ADVANCED ORTHOTIC CARE IS TAILORED TO MEET PATIENT SPECIFIC NEEDS.
Patient outcome expectations are a key factor in selecting the proper orthotic solution.
POI gets to know the patient and the circumstances surrounding their story. Every story is unique and the solutions we provide are patient-specific. We are focused on the long-term quality of life for our patients. POI has been built on meaningful patient & referral relationships based on collaboration and positive patient outcomes.
PATHOLOGIES WE TREAT AT POI:
Idiopathtic Toe Walking
Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD)
Spinal Cord Injuries
Peroneal Nerve Palsy (Drop Foot)
THE ORTHOTIC PRODUCTS WE PROVIDE THROUGHOUT CHARLOTTE, ROCK HILL & LANCASTER
UPPER EXTREMITY ORTHOTICS
LOWER EXTREMITY ORTHOTICS
ORTHOTIC PRODUCT CATEGORIES
POI Certified Orthotic Clinicians specialize in bracing needs for every scenario. From stroke to cerebral palsy we understand the bracing requirements and treat on a case by case basis. Every patient is unique and will require a custom orthotic solution tailored to their mobility needs.
- • AFO – Ankle Foot Orthosis
- • KAFO – Knee Ankle Foot Orthosis
- • HKAFO – Hip Knee Ankle Foot Orthosis
POI specializes in pediatric orthotic devices. Children are unique because their care is more dynamic than adult care. As they grow their orthotic components will need to grow with them. It is also key to work closely with the therapist responsible for your child’s care to ensure a comprehensive solution is developed.
- • Scoliosis Bracing
- • Benik
- • Cranial Molding
- • AFO, KFO, HKFO
WHY CHOOSE POI AS YOUR ORTHOTIC SOLUTION PROVIDER
POI believes in a team approach to ensuring a positive outcome for our patients. The road to recovery begins with great care from caring people. The care team consists of you, your healthcare provider, and the POI clinician advocating for your mobility and comfort. We want to get you up and moving as soon as possible because our experience has shown that the sooner the patient gets up and going the greater their long-term quality of life. Here are the typical steps necessary to get you up and going:
- Schedule a Visit – Call (803) 980-5080 or complete the contact form below. To get started you will need to provide a prescription from your physician and some initial insurance information. This allows us to start the process ahead of your arrival. We also need to know your referring physician to begin our collaboration for your care.
- Initial Orthotic office visits will take from 15-45 minutes.
- Your Visit – Please arrive 15 minutes early so we can keep your schedule!
- What to bring…
- Prescription from your Healthcare Provider
- Insurance Information – Primary & Secondary Cards
- Photo ID Card — If we are repairing or replacing an existing orthosis please bring it.
Click here to download healthcare forms before your visit
- What to wear…
- Lower Limb orthotics – Please wear shorts
- Spinal, Back & Upper Limb orthotics – Please wear a tight-fitting t-shirt.
- What to bring…
- What to expect during the visit with a POI Certified Orthotic Clinician…
- General discussions about your activities, interests, & goals.
- It is possible that the POI Certified Clinician will need to measure or make an impression for the molding of your orthosis.
- During your visit we will develop a care plan specific to your needs and outcome desires.
- Post Visit Actions – Prior to you leaving our office:
- Schedule your follow up visit or discuss the expected return timing.
- Discussion with a POI Patient Care Specialist about any patient copayment obligations.
- Fitting Visit – Expect 15-45 minutes
- The POI Certified Orthotic Clinician or Fitter will adjust the fit of the orthosis for comfort and performance. This normally requires the orthotic device to go on and off multiple times to be modified in our clinical lab. Patience & feedback are key to a successful fitting.
- The POI Certified Orthotic Clinician or Fitter will also review initial wear and care instructions for your new orthosis.
- Ongoing Care & Support
- Some of the more advanced orthotic devices are not a simple fit and forget situation. Throughout your lifetime will have new adjustments and care needs. We are here to support you and your family as long as you have a need for your orthosis. We welcome visits to adjust the comfort, fit, and performance of your orthotic device.
Contact Us Below to Schedule a Consultation Today!