ADVANCED UPPER & LOWER LIMB PROSTHETICS TAILORED TO MEET PATIENT-SPECIFIC NEEDS.
OUR ADVANCED PROSTHETIC SOLUTIONS FOCUS ON IMPROVING THE PATIENT’S QUALITY OF LIFE THROUGH INCREASED MOBILITY.
Patient activity levels are a key factor in selecting the proper prosthetic solution.
POI gets to know the patient and the circumstances surrounding their story. Every story is unique and the solutions we provide are specific to the patient. We are focused on the long-term quality of life for our patients. POI has been built on meaningful patient & referral relationships based on collaboration.
THE PROSTHETIC PRODUCTS WE PROVIDE THROUGHOUT CHARLOTTE, ROCK HILL & LANCASTER
UPPER LIMB PROSTHESIS
LOWER LIMB PROSTHESIS
PROSTHETIC PRODUCT CATEGORIES
LOWER LIMB / LEG PROSTHESIS
Below knee & above knee prosthetic solutions developed according patient needs, activity levels, and healthcare provider care recommendations.
- • Above-Knee Prosthetics
- • Below-Knee Prosthetics
- • Microprocessor Prosthetics
- • Hip & Ankle Disarticulation
- • Partial Foot Amputation Care
- • Prosthetic Feet
- • Prosthetic Liners
- • Socket Types
- • Pin Socket Solutions
- • Vacuum Socket Solutions
- • Suction Socket Solutions
- • Dynamic Vacuum Systems – Ottobock
POI provides options for patients that enhance quality of life and specifically tailored for recreational activities such as running or swimming. POI also has options for custom cosmetic covers made right here in Charlotte, NC.
- • Specialty Prosthetic Options
- • Cosmetic Covers
- • Running Leg
- • Swim Prosthesis
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY PROSTHETICS
POI Certified Prosthetists have extensive experience building and fitting advanced prosthetic solutions for increased mobility and improved patient quality of life. Solutions to meet the patient’s lifestyle.
- • Microprocessor Prosthetics
- • C-Leg
- • Computer Leg
- • Computer Knee
WHY CHOOSE POI AS YOUR PROSTHETIC SOLUTION PROVIDER IN THE CHARLOTTE AREA
POI believes in a team approach to ensuring a positive outcome. The road to recovery begins with great care from caring people. The team consists of you, your healthcare provider, and the POI clinician advocating for your mobility. We want to get you up and moving as soon as possible because our experience has shown that the sooner the patient gets up and going the higher their long-term quality of life. Here are the typical steps necessary to get you up and going:
- Schedule a Visit – Call (803) 980-5080 or complete the contact form below. To get started you will need to provide a prescription from your physician and some initial insurance information. This allows us to start the process ahead of your arrival. We also need to know your referring physician to begin our collaboration for your care.
- Initial Prosthetic office visits will take from 30-60 minutes.
- Your Visit – Please arrive 15 minutes early so we can keep your schedule!
- What to bring…
- Prescription from your Healthcare Provider
- Insurance Information – Primary & Secondary Cards
- Photo ID Card — If we are repairing or replacing an existing prosthesis please bring it.
Click here to download healthcare forms before your visit
- What to wear…
- Lower limb prosthetics – Please wear shorts
- Upper Limb prosthetics – Please wear a t-shirt.
- What to bring…
- What to expect during the visit with a POI Certified Clinician…
- General discussions about your activities, interests, & goals.
- It is possible that the POI Certified Clinician will need to measure or make an impression for the molding of your prosthetic socket.
- During your visit we will develop a care plan specific to your needs and outcome desires.
- Post Visit Actions – Prior to you leaving our office.
- Schedule your follow up visit or discuss the expected return timing.
- Discussion with a POI Patient Care Specialist about any patient copayment obligations.
- Fitting Visit – Expect 60-90 minutes
- New Patients – If allowed by your insurance we will advocate for getting you into a temporary prosthesis. The temporary prosthesis allows the patient to get back on their feet while the more advanced prosthesis is being specified and assembled.
- The POI Certified Prosthetic Clinician will adjust the fit of the prosthesis for comfort and performance. This normally requires the prosthesis to go on and off multiple times to be modified in our clinical lab.
- The POI Certified Prosthetic Clinician will also review initial wear and care instructions for your new prosthesis.
- Ongoing Care & Support
- Prosthetic devices are not a simple fit and forget situation. Throughout your lifetime will have new adjustments and care needs. We are here to support you and your family as long as you have a need for a prosthesis. We welcome visits to adjust the comfort, fit, and performance of your prosthesis.
- Please plan to join our Amputee Support Group Community. This group meets every other month to receive advance care techniques, discuss individual challenges, and advocate on behalf of the amputee community. We believe in you and believe that quality of life is best achieved in a caring community.
Check the date and time of our next Amputee Support Group meeting to join us in person.